Hello,

I have a large application with several packages that contain more packages.

I would like to have an xml config file for log4j for each package.
(Having 1 large config file would be a pain to traverse through to change
settings.)

For example...

-animals
       -dogs
       -cats
       -birds

-cars
 -american
 -japanese
 -european

I want a config file in animals and also one in cars.
Each config file could then define the loggers for the sub packages.
Is this possible? What is the best way to accomplish this?

(Also I like using xml configuration files.
Currently I am trying having multiple config files by loading the specific
config file in the constructor of the class I want to call. I get separate
log files but
they contain the logging information of the wrong class. )

Any help would be greatly appreciated!