Is there a high level changes/inclusion list available for 1.2.15?

Thanks
Geoffrey

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 2:12 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Logging - What good is it ?

On Jun 4, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Steve Souza wrote:

> <<log4j 1.3 development is effectively abandoned.  Much of the traffic
> on the log4j-dev list since early April has dealt with the fate of
> log4j 1.3.>>
> Not sure who controls the website, but that direction should be
> updated on
> the site as currently it indicates log4j 1.3 is the future.  Not
> everyone is
> on this mailing list.

A total reworking of the online content is in-progress.  All the
log4j content is expected to be replaced after the completion of the
log4j 1.2.15 vote.

> <<SocketReceiver is part of the "receivers" companion.  I'm just in
> the
> process of migrating the companions from
> the sandbox to the log4j repo and should have a release candidate in
> a day or so.  >>
> Where is the sandbox code kept?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox

All the companions that are currently expected to be considered
alongside log4j 1.2.15 have now been migrated to https://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions.

> Also, will the release you are referring
> too be available in this link:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/logging/log4j/

After the anticipated log4j 1.2.15 vote, all the companions would be
available at http://www.apache.org/dist/logging/log4j/companions (and
also at the archive site).  Release candidates should be at  http://
people.apache.org/builds/logging tomorrow.

> If not what is the proper link to look at the current state of
> development
> for the log4j project?

The web content typically reflects the state at the last release and
in this case is extremely stale since it reflects the expectations at
the time of the last log4j 1.3 alpha (since the web content for log4j
is generated from the log4j 1.3 source).  log4j-dev will always be
the place for the latest news, but the web content should be much
more current after the switch with the log4j 1.2.15 vote.