Hi there,
  I used Rolling file appender in chainsaw Reciever configuration to save the
logs in one seprete local file.
  It is working fine ,however I am facing following problems.
  1) In the local file Logs are saved without any timestamp information,I think
it has to do with some layout pattern but couldnt figure out.
  below is my appender config in chainsaw,

  appender name="RollingFile" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
  <param name="File" value="C:\\chainsaw1.log"/>
  <param name="Append" value="true"/>
  <param name="MaxFileSize" value="1000KB"/>
  <param name="maxBackupIndex" value="5"/>
  <layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout"/>
  </appender>

  2) How can I filter/avoid the Chainsaw internal logs that comes in
"chainsaw-log" tab  to store in the file along with my other logs. How can I
use some filter?

  3) At the source side that is from where actual Socket appender is sending
logs to the chainsaw, what is the effect of Location Info=true/false in rolling
file appender..(I am using it)??.. I tried both but dont noticed any change at
chainsaw side....the NDC,Line,Method all fields are null in both cases.

  4) when I Drag and drop the above XML file again in chainsaw it is giving me
following error,

"Log4jEntityResolver.resolveEntity(null, dummy://log4j.dtd/log4j.dtd) called"

and the logs are keep increasing with this error.Please help in solving this
problems.

Thanks.