Hi

I am trying to configure log4j to log to Chainsaw on a remote host  using
Multicast.

I have a MultiCastReceiver set up on Chainsaw and I have the following
config on my client

 <appender name="Multicast" class="org.apache.log4j.net.MulticastAppender">
      <param name="RemoteHost" value="232.10.0.0"/>
      <param name="Port" value="8100"/>
      <layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout"/>
   </appender>

However I keep getting the following error

ERROR      org.apache.log4j.net.MulticastAppender - Attempted to log with
inactive appender named [Multicast].

Am I missing something in my configuration?

Thanks
Hava

This e-mail is subject to a disclaimer, available at
http://www.rmb.co.za/web/elements.nsf/online/disclaimer-communications.html