Hi Paul,
  Thanks for your help,
  I can try another format,
  how ever can you please look into my other problems that I previously
described?
  That are regarding skipping some logs and drag and drop xml file error!!!

  regards,

Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Time 2007-06-18 11:50:02,223 ----> in the chainsaw
> log panel
>
> timestamp="1182185402223"---------> in the log file

Since you are using the XMLLayout for the log file being written to
disk, this is the way that layout outputs the Timestamp, using the
epoch timeformat of "number of milliseconds since 1-1-1970", which is
what the internal format for storing time.

If you don't want XML formatted logs, use a different Layout, such as
PatternLayout.

> It looks entirely different except last 5 digits.
>
> 2)I really dont know how to configure specific logger for my
> rolling File appender.
> Can you give me specific example? (what can be logger hierarchy?)
> I tried to create as below ,but It is not working.

I would suggest you first read the short manual available online:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html

If that and the JavaDoc documentation doesn't get you started I'd
highly recommend Ceki's commercial book on log4j.

http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/eclm/

Paul

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.