Thanks for the answer,

The socket appender is a good option, but i read this article
http://www.jroller.com/oburn/date/200601 and was concerned about possible
problems (deadlocks).

the first problem would arise if thd JVM receiving the logs goes down or
even goes into a deadlock. I need a way to bring the socket appender up in
another JVM as failover mechanism. Another problem is if the file gets
locked, I can't do anything until the JVM is restarted and this is
definitely not a good failover.

Does someone have experience with this kind of multiple jvm logging
architectures?

Bye,
Thomas