Hi,

I have setup the same kind of thing at work but don't have access to
the files at the moment.

>From memory the following will log all error and above messages to
root.log. And all messages from the org.springframework and
com.another.package packages go to spring.log.

log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, R

log4j.appender.R.File=${catalina.home}/logs/root.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=128MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n

log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG, spring
log4j.logger.com.another.package=DEBUG, spring

log4j.appender.spring=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.spring.File=${catalina.home}/logs/spring.log
log4j.appender.spring.MaxFileSize=128MB
log4j.appender.spring.MaxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.spring.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.spring.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n

So you just setup a logger and appender for each class/package that
you want to separate out.

If someone else hasn't enlightened you I'll send you some config tomorrow.

Regards

Ben