On 02/08/2007, at 9:23 AM, Paul Duffy wrote:

Folks,

My team is looking at log4j as a next generation logging option, but we have a specific customer need to do high volume logging which a text based system may not support. Is anyone aware of a high speed binary logging capability that builds upon the log4j infrastructure (or otherwise?

You'd be surprised how many events a file-based appender can write. Can you provide some #'s on how many events you think you'll need to support?

Paul