When I started a couple tutorials for Log4J in eclipse, it would store the
file inside of the folder i specified in the root of the project folder
without having to give it a full path.

This current project that I am working with, taking pretty much the same xml
and idea from the tutorials, I am having a problem to where it wants to
store my logs in the eclipse program folder, as opposed to the project root
folder.

I have 3 projects set up, one really has nothing to do with the other 2, the
main project where i am gathering my logs is a controller core, and the
front end is another project that is a j2ee interface which uses the jar
from the core project.

Right now I have to feed it an exact path name to where I want the logs
stored, I'd like to figure out the best way to have it store in a
"logs/activity.log" from the root of the core project.

I've tried searching for answers to this but I seem to not either be using
the right search criteria, or the answer is out there or I'm overlooking it.
I have a feeling it might be a simple answer and I'm overlooking it, but any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you