On 03/11/2007, at 11:42 PM, wild_oscar wrote:

The hibernate docu says

show_sql: Write all SQL statements to console. This is an alternative to
setting the log category org.hibernate.SQL  to debug

As an alternative, the org.hibernate.SQL log4j property should work. The problem is that I am also interested in other org.hibernate.xxx logging
properties (that I cannot set in the hibernate config file).

Which particular events are you interested in seeing? From your logging configuration in a previous mail you look like you're trying to see logs from the QueryParameters? I've looked into the Hibernate source code for QueryParameters and it doesn't log much, but what it does log is at TRACE level, so you're going to need to do 2 things for this one at least:

log4j.threshold=ALL
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.engine.QueryParameters=TRACE

cheers,

Paul