Hi,

I am working on a system implementing the log4j receivers that requires me
to directly access the LoggingEvent when it is posted to an appender.  The
basic idea is to take external logging events, read them in through a
Receiver, and store data about them.  Someone please let me know if I'm on
the right track with this:

So far I've determined that I need to create and implement the following:
1)  My own implementation of Appender that passes the information I need
around.
2)  Attach that Appender to the Root logger in
LogManager.getLoggerRepository()

However, how can I make the LoggingEvents brought in by the Receiver
dispatch to my Appender?

I know this is vague but wading through the Chainsaw source is a long and
arduous process and I'm getting a bit confused.

Thanks,
Matt