On Aug 27, 2008, at 1:23 AM, NehaG wrote:

I did log4j.debug=true
Now the earlier error has gone out - now the execution is stuck at the below
point:

log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[DEBUG, JMPApp].
log4j: Level token is [DEBUG].
log4j: Category root set to DEBUG
log4j: Parsing appender named "JMPApp".
log4j: Setting property [initialContextFactoryName] to
[org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory].
log4j: Setting property [providerURL] to [jnp://localhost:1099].
log4j: Setting property [topicBindingName] to [topic/testTopic].
log4j: Setting property [topicConnectionFactoryBindingName] to
[ConnectionFactory].
log4j: Getting initial context.
log4j: Looking up [ConnectionFactory]
(org.jboss.mq.referenceable.SpyConnectionFactoryObjectFactory).
log4j: About to create TopicConnection.

I am calling the RootLogger from my code and invoking the error method from
my code.

Looks like you JMS provider uses log4j internally for its logging. log4j 1.2 is not designed to allow an appender to in turn call back into log4j which could result in the deadlock that you are seeing. I would suggest modifying your configuration so that the JMSAppender is not used by logging calls from your JMS implementation. I'd suggest attaching a ConsoleAppender or FileAppender to root and attach your JMSAppender to someplace that only would catch log requests from your application.