Loggers do not have file names attached. Probably you mean a
FileAppender.

Each configured Appender is instantiated as singleton, even if it is
attached to more than one Logger.

Loggers are identified by a arbitrary String, commonly the FQCN.
Therefore you cant clone a Logger which has the same name as the
original.

Explain more about your needs. Why do you have to clone it?

Heri