At the code location where a particular Thread knows about processing a
distinct element you put a identifying information into MDC, after
having processed remove the info again. MDC values are kept on a per
Thread basis. This info can be used by the MultifileAppender (when
processing a log call) or by a own written Repository Selector (when
fetching a logger).
Heri