On Feb 12, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

I am trying to log DEBUG and up in one log file and INFO and up in
other log file. But it doesn't seem to be working. I have tried
various things like "Level", "Threshold", "additivity", "Priority"
etc. Nothing seems to be working. Nothing is being written to sw.log.
Only INFO and up is being written to sw_infoerr.log.

I just want DEBUG and up in sw.log and INFO and up in sw_infoerr.log

Don't have time to fix your configuration file, you need a "filter" to accomplish this specific goal.

You need to attach a LevelMatchFilter (from the extras companion) followed by a DenyAllFilt to the appenders. Set the levelToMatch to the level you desire to allow through. The filter will be checked after the all the other levels and thresholds, so you need to make sure that they are set to allow the events that you are interested in to get through.

Priority is an obsolete name for level. The level of a logger establishes the lowest level of event that is handled by this logger and forwarded to its parent.

additivity determines if an event is forwarded to the parent logger after processing by this logger.

threshold is a level below which an event is discarded by an appender.

Search the list for LevelMatchFIlter or filter, or just look in the last month of archives and you should find sample files. Also, the source for the extras companion should also have samples of using filters.