First, I presume you named your loggers in the "de.myproject.controller" package based on the fully qualified class name, which is a common practice.  If this is not true, please check the logger name you used.

With that said, I suggest you set your rootLogger to a level of "WARN".  This will automatically exclude all the hibernate, spring, and other library logging other than real problems.  Then, for the cases you want more info, specify those loggers.  I also suspect that you might not be using the config file you think you are using.  Try running your app with -Dlog4j.debug=true to see what config file Log4j is loading.  Note that it loads log4j.xml in preference to log4j.properties, so if log4j.xml is sitting in the root of the classpath, anywhere in the classpath, then it will be used instead of your log4j.properties file.

Jake

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:18:08 +0200