List your entire logging properties and restate your requirements.  I'm lost on what you tried and didn't try.

Jake

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:16:39 -0400
 Bai Shen <baishen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
Didn't work.  I get nothing in the console, and for some reason I'm getting
doubled lines in the file.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com> wrote:

Try this...

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=WARN
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, CONSOLE, FILE
log4j.logger.com.myapp=INFO

Jake

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:45:10 -0400
 Bai Shen <baishen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay, that sort of worked.  This was how I had my log4j.properties setup.

log4j.rootLogger=WARN, CONSOLE, FILE
log4j.logger.com.myapp=INFO, FILE
log4j.additivity.com.myapp=false

So I got rid of the additivity line and replaced it with the threshold
line.  Now I'm getting double outputs to the file from the loggers.  I
want
all things INFO or higher from my app to be logged in the file only.  I
want
everything WARN or higher to be logged in both the console and the file.

And why does the threshold work?  Isn't that what the first argument after
the = is for?

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Matt Brown <matt.br...@citrixonline.com
>wrote:

 You can try adding a threshold to the console appender:

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.threshold = WARN

This should tell the console appender to ignore any log messages it might
receive below the WARN level.