Von: Roberto Simoni [mailto:roberto.sim...@yahoo.it]
Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Juli 2009 11:38
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: [SPAM (Bayesain Analysis)] - DailyRollingFileAppender &
RollingFileAppender after a rollover continues to write on previous file... -
Bayesian Filter detected spam

Hi to all. We use log4j in a big project for our customer on a linux/unix
system (JBoss 4, JDK 1.5).
Every day, I see current time logs present in two log file... the current
(<application_name>.log) and the previous log
(<application_name>.log.<date_pattern> or
<application_name>.log.<counter>) as the rollover operation hasn't stopped to
write to the previous file.
We have only a log4j.xml file and a file appender configured. What I see is
that when the problem occurs a lot of logs is in writing in that moment.
We have a batch operation at midnight, so with DailyRollingFileAppender the
problem occurs everyday, instead with RollingFileAppender the problem occurs
only if the rollover is made around midnight.

I have seen that rollover operation is *not* synchronized due to a "already
synchronization on doAppend method" (as sad in RollingFileAppender class).
Are you confident on this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
Bye