Yes, Chainsaw can be launched via JNLP.  The currently released (but old)
version is available from the Download page:
http://logging.apache.org/chainsaw/download.html

How are you running Chainsaw now? via the 'standalone' or Mac bundles?

If you're trying to view log files on a remote machine, it supports that as
well, using VFSLogFilePatternReceiver - see the 'important distribution
notes' link for more information or feel free to post further questions.

Scott