Hi,
I'm using log4j 1.2.9 and a while after normal activity, stops logging to
the file.  The application is still functioning correctly though.  At
first I thought the application went down, but after investigation, the
application was still up and running correctly.

Here is my environment and the log4j.properties file we are using.

OS: Solaris 8 & 10
Jvm: Sun jdk 1.5.0_10

log4j.properties:
#set the level of the root logger
log4j.rootLogger=warn
log4j.category.com.us.eds=info, A2

#set own logger
log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A2.File=/prod/us/logs/EWS/EWS.log
log4j.appender.A2.Threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %p [%t] %c{2}
log4j.appender.A2.maxFileSize=5000KB
log4j.appender.A2.maxBackupIndex=10