From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:h...@visi.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:17 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Jboss Logging Issue

Do both server instances point to the same log directory and file?  If
so, you

need to change that.  Also, ensure that the JBoss user has proper
permissions to

create/modify files in the log directory.

Lastly, make sure that no application code is calling configure() on one
of the

Log4j Configurators other than code you may intend to run upon
application or

server startup.

Lack of rolling or failing to roll is a long standing issue.  Search the
list for

solutions.  There are even some who provide their own open source
rolling appender

replacements to solve the issue.

Jake

On 4/14/2010 5:15 AM, Baskaradoss, B - SPLXM wrote:

> Hi,

> This is balaji. Working as deployer and server administrator. We use

> Jboss 4.0x AS to deploy our applications.

> The issue I'm facing is,

> Whenever we redeploy/restart the server, server.log is getting created

> but after sometime the logging goes off. Yes it is not at all updating

> the server.log file. Due to this, we could not trace the other
critical

> issues we have. Actually we have two separate nodes and we do

> deploy/restarting the server separately on two nodes. We are facing
the

> issue in both of our test and production environment. I could not
trace

> out where exactly the issue is. Could you please help me in resolving

> the issue?

> We use rolling appender in log4j. It's not rolling up daily. Sometimes

> it rolls up and some days it won't. Then if we restart/redeploy it
will

> roll up and then stop abruptly.

> Attached the log4j.xml file. Please review it and help me with it.

> Regards,

> Balaji

> For information, services and offers, please visit our web site:

> http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain

> confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only.
If

> you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail

> or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that
any

> other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly

> prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by

> error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and
delete

> this message.

> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or

> its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete

> transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any

> delay in receipt.

> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch

> Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered