Hello all,

I have a question regarding how I might configure Log4J to support the
following scenario:

The root logger has an appender (let's call this Appender Z) with a
threshold of INFO. There is some important "info" messages that get logged
to that root logger, so we can't set the threshold any higher...

Logger A has some verbose "info" logging that we wish to log to a separate
appender (Appender Y). We want Logger A's "warn" and "error" messages to
appear in the root logger, but not Logger A's "info" messages. It is totally
fine for Logger A's "warn" and "error" messages to appear in Appender Y.

If I set additivity to false on Logger A, none of its "warn" or "error"
messages will make it to Appender Z. If I leave additivity as true, all of
its "info" messages will appear in Appender Z, which is not what we want.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks!

Adam