Den 02/11/10 10.25, Alexander Curvers skrev:
Hello,

i send some binary data in xml messages with my webservices.. I log all communication for debugging purposes. The problem is the binary value gets logged as well making the log very big.. I want to log the rest of the xml but just not the one field/property containing the binary data.. can i configure Log4j to just not log that line/property of the xml message?

Not immediately, but you can use the XSLT implementation available in the Java Runtime to remove the binary value from your XML before logging it.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"