> I've previously searched the manual and I understand the hierarchy of:
> DEBUG < INFO < WARN < ERROR < FATAL
> However, I'm interested in in learning if there is a way to print ONLY
> one level rather than the target level and all levels above it. Unless
> I've missed it, the manual does not explain if this is possible (or
> how to do it).

In order to print a particular level only you can use LevelFilters which you
can configure in xml configuration. E.g.

    <appender name="CONSOLE.OUT" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
        <param name="target" value="System.out"/>
            <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} (%6r) %-5p
        </layout>
        <filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelRangeFilter">
            <param name="LevelMin" value="trace"/>
            <param name="LevelMax" value="info"/>
            <param name="AcceptOnMatch" value="false"/>
        </filter>
    </appender>