thanks for you answer Rodney.

i'm little lost with Java.

i took PortBased.java , NetworkBased.java and UDPAppender.java from the svn
and made 3 jars from them using:  jar cf file.jar file.java
i put the 3 jars in the "lib" folder of the jboss where log4j.lib is, but it
didn't help.
i also moved the appender section above the root element.

am i in the right direction?
should i create a jar with special names?  1 jar?  3 jars?

i know its a little bit out of the scope here, but i really dont know where
to go from here.

Thanks,
Roy.