Hi Heri,

thanks a lot for this advice but if I am correct I can use %X{CUSTOMER}
only in PatternLayout.
Then I need to create my own implementation of SMTPAppender and this is
what i wanted to avoid.
Any chance it can be done without custome implementation?

Thx

 Kind Regards / Mit
 freundlichen Grüßen /
 Üdvözlettel / S
 pozdravem:

 Zbynek VAVROS                                                 (Embedded
 Development                                                 image moved
                                                                to file:
                                                           pic16556.gif)

     Delivery Centre      616 00, Brno
      Central Europe      Technicka 21
        Brno SITE         Czech Republic

 (Embedded image moved to
   file: pic29569.gif)    Phone: 420-53341- x6283
                          Mobile:
                          E-mail: zbynek_vav...@cz.ibm.com

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
   Registered address:
 Brno, Technicka 2995/21,
 Zip code: 61600, Company
       ID: 26244535
      Entered in the
   Commercial Register
    maintained by the
  Regional Court in Brno
  (Part C, Entry 39922)

   IBM Global Services
  Delivery Center Czech
     Republic, s.r.o.
  Sídlo: Brno, Technická
  2995/21, PSČ 61600 IČ:
         26244535
   Zapsaná v obchodním
    rejstříku, vedeném
  Krajským soudem v Brně
  oddíl C, vlozka 39922

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

  |Bender Heri <hben...@ergonomics.ch>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

  |"'Log4J Users List'" <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

  |05/24/2011 01:18 PM

|------------>
| Subject:   |

  |RE: [SCL-3] using of system properties in subject of SMTPAppender

Usually a customer  is served within one separate thread, isn't it? If yes,
you can use the MDC (mapped diagnostic context). You put a value into it:
MDC.put("CUSTOMER", "SOME NAME") at the begin of the session (probably in a
servlet listener) and reference this value with the layout pattern %X
{CUSTOMER}.
Do not forget to remove the value when session terminates!
Heri