The file isn't going to be loaded, nor written to, using an invalid URL with backslashes in it.  Use all forward slashes.  You have...

"file:///C:\MyDocs\logs\mylog.log"

It should be....

"file:///C:/MyDocs/logs/mylog.log"

Or, simply...

"file:/C:/MyDocs/logs/mylog.log"

Jake

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:51:26 -0400
 "Ding, Qin" <qin.d...@jpmchase.com> wrote:
Scott:

1. I manually downloaded mylog.log; and define a logfilePatternReceiver within chainsaw. Pointing to mylog.log. after that, it just sits there, I see nothing.  The last entry in the detail panel: setValueAt, 2, 1, value=file:///C:\MyDocs\logs\mylog.log, valueClassclass java.lang.String

2. I copied the provided configuration file and modified the VFSLogFilePatternReceiver and put it in a folder.  Use the instruction you gave me to load it.  But on the receiver panel I did not see anything. Manually define a VFSLogFilePatternReceiver.  Don't see the GUI prompt for id/pwd.

Would you please give me a detailed the instruction or your working sample configuration file?

Thank you

QD