There used to be a nice open source, Struts-based, Log4j configuration app out
there, but it seems to have disappeared.  There's a simple one in the
Log4j-sandbox you can try...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/sandbox/log4j/log4j_sandbox/tags/LOG4J_SANDBOX_ALPHA3/src/java/org/apache/log4j/servlet/ConfigurationServlet.java

Note that I specifically point to the tag "LOG4J_SANDBOX_ALPHA3" because later
tags were based on the now defunct Log4j-1.3 codebase and the trunk, I believe,
continues to be based on the said defunct codebase.

Jake