Are you log4j.properties files for each project identical?  My guess is that they are different and the config file for you webapp doesn't provide the configuration you require for your DAO.

BTW, is the DAO project deployed in WEB-INF/lib?  That is, is it part of the same classloader as the webapp.  That could be an issue as well if it is not.

Jake

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:24:19 -0500