see http://www.slf4j.org/legacy.html

you are looking for "SLF4J bound to log4j with redirection of
commons-logging and jul calls to SLF4J". See the section on jul-to-slf4j
bridge, and the reference to SLF4JBridgeHandler javadocs. I would ask on
one of the SLF4J groups for more details, if needed.

■ DOUGLAS E. WEGSCHEID // LEAD ENGINEER
(269) 923-5278 // douglas_e_wegsch...@whirlpool.com
"A wrong note played hesitatingly is a wrong note. A wrong note played
with conviction is interpretation."

BRUNO MELLONI <bruno.mell...@chickasaw.net> wrote on 01/12/2012 11:19:57
AM:

> I am not following.  I already have slf4j in my stack (needed by
> other libraries), although I've written no code that directly
> interacts with it.
>
> I assume that you are telling me to implement getParentLogger() in
> my datasource (so that it compiles in Java7) and that I should put a
> couple lines of code based on slf4j to get that parent logger so
> that it really is reflecting the log4j logger.
>
> The obvious dumb question is... what would that code look like?

CommonDataSource.getParentLogger()