Typo at the bottom of:

http://loggingtest.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/filters.html

  <TiemFilter ...

________________________________
 From: Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
To: Log4J Users List <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:08 AM
Subject: Re: User-based logger level

In Log4j 2 the DynamicThresholdFilter can be specified a) globally (equivalent
to Logback's TurboFilter) b) on a Logger c) in the Appender Reference in a
Logger and d) on an Appender.  For your use case you could specify the
DynamicThresholdFilter on each Logger and you would get the effect you are
describing.  See http://loggingtest.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/filters.html.
In the examples you will find an example of the four types on at least one of
the documented Filters.

Ralph

On Jun 11, 2012, at 7:59 PM, yong...@agfa.com wrote:

> Thanks for all the nice replies. It's a good starting point for me.
>
> We may need a bit more than out-of-the-box MDCFilter or
> DynamicThresholdFilter, in that for different ejbs different users get the
> DEBUG level. For example, for ejb1, user A gets DEBUG while user B gets
> WARNING; for ejb2, user B gets DEBUG and user A get WARNING. My
> understanding is that, for MDCFilter/DynamicThresholdFilter a user always
> gets the same effective level for all loggers
>
> Of course, we can extend those filters to consider also the logger name.
> However, we are a bit afraid of its performance overhead. The problem is
> that, we cannot easily put logger names in a Map as what
> DynamicThresholdFilter does, because the logger name can be a package name
> (so we need to check if this name is a prefix of the fully qualified class
> name of an EJB).
>
> Any good ideas? Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Yong
>
> ceki <c...@qos.ch> wrote on 06/11/2012 11:59:32 PM:
>
>> From: ceki <c...@qos.ch>
>> To: Log4J Users List <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
>> Date: 06/12/2012 12:00 AM
>> Subject: Re: User-based logger level
>>

>> Yours is a text-book requirement:
>>
>>  http://logback.qos.ch/reasonsToSwitch.html#filters
>>
>> See the docs on MDCFilter at [1].
>>
>> [1]  http://logback.qos.ch/manual/filters.html#TurboFilter
>>
>> --
>> Ceki
>> http://twitter.com/#!/ceki
>>
>> On 11.06.2012 11:55, yong...@agfa.com wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> We're about to implement a logging strategy that for different users
>>> different effective logger level are used. In particular, we are doing
>>> EJB, and we have already pushed user info onto MDC to implement this
>>> strategy.
>>>
>>> By default, the system will run using the following example logger
> levels
>>> for all users:
>>> root = INFO
>>> com.my.ejb1=WARNING