Thanks for your response Jacob.

I've been looking at the additive feature, but I'm not sure it solves my
requirement.

Given this configuration, I would like to debug class X on appender A, but
still keep the info level messages from class X on appender B.

I was hoping that this line would make this happen, but doesn't seem to
work.
log4j.logger.classX=debug, A

Is there a simple example similar to my requirements somewhere?

Thanks
Fredrik