Hi,

Logstash is highly extensible and they include a plugin called "log4j". It
works out of the box with log4j, see this guide for some screenshots and
such
http://blog.yeradis.com/2013/10/logstash-and-apache-log4j-or-how-to.htmlThat
plugin does use the socket appender.

I have used this for some time and I have been a happy end user not really
getting into technical details at all. But for new projects I want to use
log4j2 and thus my question... Some efforts to get support in for log4j2
seems to exist already so I guess I will turn my attention to that.

However it felt best to consult the experts of log4j first ;) However I
guess I will look closer at ie.
https://github.com/jurmous/logstash-log4j2and other projects for now
and see if I can get one running ;)