Matt, not sure what you mean. Mariano needs to develop his own
ContextSelector to achieve log separation.
So he cannot use the AsyncLoggerContextSelector.

Mariano, I would not be overly concerned with the performance results
mentioned on the async logger manual page. Bear in mind that in that
performance test, _all_ that the program does is logging. In the real world
(your application) that will obviously not be true: your application will
do many other things.

Also, mixed async loggers performed much, much better than AsyncAppenders.

So, unless you have actual measurement numbers for _your_ application, not
the theoretical numbers from the async logger manual page, I would keep it
simple at first, just get your custom selector to work well, and then start
measuring performance.

If you are getting strange results, like AsyncAppenders performing better
than AsyncLoggers, then let us know and we'll try to help figure out what
the problem is.