I am having problems moving our web app over to Log4j 2.0 using JNDI
lookups. I followed the configuration documentation and am not getting any
errors, but nothing is being logged to my configured appenders. Weirdly, if
I remove the JNDI env-entry configuration from web.xml logging seems to
work, albeit with the expected NameNotFoundException in the server output.

One possibly relevant configuration difference is that we load the log4j
jar files as part of server startup so each app doesn't have to load them.

Any ideas? What configuration can I provide to help troubleshoot?

Thanks.