The configuration factory is responsible for parsing a config file and creating
a Configuration object. As such, it must exist _before_ the configuration file
is processed.

Log4j plugins are only created during processing of the config file. So a
configuration factory cannot be a plugin.

Best regards,
Remko

Sent from my iPhone