B calls A without setting a new process and passes the logger object to A.  It
seems to me that both files will be on the classpath (lib directory).  How do I
know which one it will find first?

-----Original Message-----
From: Remko Popma [mailto:remko.po...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 5:58 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Multiple configuration files?

Do applications A and B run in separate processes, or does B call some function
in A without starting a new process for A?

Log4j initializes only once in a given process. If A and B are in separate
processes they can have separate configurations. If they run in the same
process, they'll share a config. Which config file is used depends on your
classpath and system properties when you started that process.

Sent from my iPhone