Thank you very much for Reply Jeff.
Now roll over is happening when current date is no longer same as start date.
the only problem i am facing now is that when new file is created it got all
old logs also in it. because of that file size is continuously growing. Is
there any parameter i can set which will force new file to start empty?
Below are the settings defined in xml file
<RollingRandomAccessFile name="Common" fileName="${logdir}\\Common\\common.log"
filePattern="${logdir}\\Common\\common.%d{yyyyMMdd}-%i.log.gz">
<PatternLayout pattern="${layout}"/>      <Policies>
<TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy/>        <SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy size="1 MB"/>
  </Policies>      <DefaultRolloverStrategy max="10"/>
</RollingRandomAccessFile>
I am not able to find any option in documentation at
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.0/manual/configuration.html is there any
other place for documentation?

Regards,Mangat Rai