I have an asynchronous web app (in Scala based on Twitter Finagle, not
using Servlet API).

I use Log4j 2.2 for logging, and I want to tag log messages with some
information about requests (such as client IP address and authenticated
user ID).

In a synchronous Servlet based web app, you can use Log4j's TheradContext
for this, but it doesn't work in Finagle's asynchronous environment since
there is no correlation between threads and requests.

How can I do this?

--
[image: MagineTV]

 *Mikael Ståldal*