OSGi does interesting things with ClassLoaders. Log4j has to be able to access
your plugin when it is configuring. If it isn’t in an accessible ClassLoader it
won’t see it.  There have been a few people who are using Log4j in an OSGi
environment that have helped out with patches from time to time. Perhaps one of
them can help out?

Ralph