Is there no alternative to this? I really do not want to add a catch to
anything at all.

vpyang

From: Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 11:54 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: uncaught exception with log4j2

All you need is to catch the exceptions by doing:

try {
} catch (Exception ex) {
        logger.error(“Uncaught exception:”, ex);
}

You would put this in your servlet, Controller or whatever the first thing in
your application is that gets control from Tomcat.

If you want to treat them specially then add a Marker to the error method.

Ralph