I thought I understood additivity, but apparently I don't.  I am using
log4j-1.2.17.jar.

After getting a bunch errors like the one in the subject I kept adding
additivity tags, but nothing stopped the errors.

What is the correct syntax to send the packages (and subpackages/classes)
that have appender-ref to the specified appenders *and nothing more*, while
stopping the error?

My log4j.xml looks like:
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";
debug="false">
   <appender name="FILE"
class="net.cndc.log4j.appender.CndcDateRollingFileAppender">
   <appender name="STARTSTOP"
class="net.cndc.log4j.appender.CndcDateRollingFileAppender">
   <appender name="FILEMOVER"
class="net.cndc.log4j.appender.CndcDateRollingFileAppender">
    <appender name="CONSOLE" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
   ... various categories like: ...
   <category name="net.cndc">
      <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>
   <category name="net.cndc.filemover" additivity="false">
      <priority value="INFO"/>
      <appender-ref ref="FILEMOVER" additivity="false"/>
   </category>
   <category
name="net.cndc.scheduler.common.controller.CndcSchedulerServiceImpl"
additivity="false">
      <priority value="INFO"/>
      <appender-ref ref="STARTSTOP" additivity="false"/>
   </category>
   <root>
      <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE" additivity="true"/>
      <appender-ref ref="FILE" additivity="true"/>
   </root>
</log4j:configuration>