Hi Gary,

I’d love to, but this ticket is primarily to change the documentation and it’d
have a minor amendments in the document on the website. I’m not exactly sure
how to send a patch to this :-/

1)
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/appenders.html#DefaultRolloverStrategy

Particularly, the section "DefaultRolloverStrategy Parameters” :

From:
max - Integer -  The maximum value of the counter. Once this values is reached
older archives will be deleted on subsequent rollovers.

To :
max - Integer - The maximum value of the counter. Once this values is reached
older archives will be deleted on subsequent rollovers (The default value is 7).

2) Also, I’d also _recommend_ to update the Javadoc (this I can send a patch :)
) but, I think it’s not required.

thanks,
Chandra