Hello Gary,

Yes, the log file is deleted externally. In my case, it is deleted by a
cron job.

Surprisingly, I don't see any internal log4j2 errors when the file is
deleted and the new log events are not logged into the same file anymore.

And yes, we are talking about deleting the same file which was created by
appender.

Should the file be locked by the Appender while it is writing logs? Also,
why does the appender not create a new log file, when old log file is
deleted externally?

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Anhad