>From what I remember, you can add log4j-api and log4j-core (and any other
logging bridges) to your EE server's shared lib folder (or install as a
module in JBoss for example), though if it's all in one ear, you could just
make it a normal library in there.

As for a shared configuration, you can point them all to the same
log4j2.xml config file, though you can also do the opposite and use a
config per application (see <
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/webapp.html#ContextParams> for
some more info). The docs about web applications apply equally well to an
EAR containing a WAR (or more). As for EJBs specifically, I think there's
an open issue about it already. If not, feel free to submit an issue (and
PR if possible).

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>