Unfortunately, I am not able to configure it. I tried the following
configuration in our properties file:
log4j2.configurationFile=/<path-to-file>/log4j2.xml,/<path-to-file>/local-55.properties
log4j.configurationFile=/<path-to-file>/log4j2.xml,/<path-to-file>/local-55.properties

The log4j2.xml will only be used if I activate this parameter in the property
file:
log4j2.config.xml=hybris-log4j2.xml

Both configurations are working correctly, if I just use it directly in the
property file or if I activate the xml config with the log4j2.config.xml
parameter.
Even if I only try to load the properties file, it will not be used. Instead,
the default logging will be used.

Example:
log4j2.configurationFile=/path-to-file>/local-55.properties
log4j.configurationFile=/path-to-file>/local-55.properties

Greetings,
Christian

On 06.08.18, 15:26, "Ralph Goers" <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

    You can do this today. See
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__logging.apache.org_log4j_2.x_manual_configuration.html-23CompositeConfiguration&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=37nF0SnGtdjmcblOpYG7cKwaPDc1GWo5GNDvnDLF8TE&m=dqVUgBVu7URniCVxTeq1y5U_d6Fn7acMLpIQqhd-Vhs&s=1jWwqr_hAMgBAQrr8zFcuOLEPViYbVW7eF0WssQfO2E&e=

<christian.froe...@accenture.com> wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I just wanted to know if it is planned to combine different logging
configuration in the future, or if it is still possible today?

    > Example:
    > - Base logging configuration is a log4j2.xml from the classpath
    > - Logging could be extended by adding new loggers to the .properties files
    >
    > Could this be a valid case in the future of log4j2 or is there a strict
separation between .properties and .xml files? (or even properties and JSON
files)

    > Thanks and greetings,
    > Christian

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have
original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by
local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates,
including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by
our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal
compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture
uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For
further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see
our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.