1. Please not that the paragraph after your signature is meaningless when
posting to a publicly archived mailing list such as this one.
2. The pattern attribute needs to be a valid pattern “RFC 5424” is not a valid
pattern. I would assume that you really should have specified
layout.type=RFC5424Layout.
3. The SSL configuration needs to be defined as a subcomponent of the appender
such as
appender.syslogELM.SSL.protocol=TLS
appender.syslogELM.SSL.KeyStore.location=path/to/keystore

etc.

Ralph