Not sure where else to ask this question (stackoverflow maybe?), so
apologies if this isn't the right forum.

We've recently migrated to log4j2 from logback and are using the jsonlayout
for a file appender. These logs are then parsed by scalyr (awesome tool
btw). We've noticed that extended stacktraces in jsonlayout are
ridiculously long. Reaching >20k characters, even with string mode enabled.
This is a problem because there's a max log line size that we can parse
(something around 8k I think).

I was wondering if there was any way to get the default jsonlayout to cut
down the size of stacktraces. PatternLayout has %ex{n}, and I was hoping
for something that wasn't creating my own layout, rewriting every log
message, or manually making pattern layout be a json format with %enc{json}
and a pattern like {"message": "%enc(%m){json}", ...}.

I've created a ticket for it as well
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2879.

Thanks.