Hello Thyagarajan,

`secur...@logging.apache.org` list is used for vulnerability reports, not
your questions.

Below I try to answer your questions:

> 1) Is there any script or command to verify which application utilizes
log4j version

No, there is no such one-size-fits-all script or command.

> 2) do we have any steps how to upgrade Log4j version from lesser version
to fix version
> Old version: 2.16.0 -> Upgrade to 2.17.1
> Old version less than 2.12.4 -> Upgrade to 2.12.4
> Old version less than 2.3.2 -> Upgrade to 2.3.2

I think there is a slight mistake in your reasoning. Every Log4j 2 user is
recommended to upgrade to the latest version, that is, 2.17.1, which
requires Java 8. For those who cannot upgrade to 2.17.1 due to Java
compatibility reasons, they are recommended to upgrade to 2.12.4 for Java 7
and 2.3.2 for Java 6.

On how to upgrade... In most cases, replacing the old log4j-core-2.X.X.jar
in your classpath with log4j-core-2.17.1 should simply work. If this
doesn't work for you, you can again consult this mailing list.

Kind regards.