I use cygwin cvs which is configured to work in UNIX mode on my WinXP
box. This is not really by design, its just the way it is right now.
There is a plan for the logging services project to migrate to
subversion in the middle of this year. When that happens we will
probably switch (pending a discussion on this list at the appropriate
time) to DOS mode, i.e. where the client to translate the DOS line
endings to UNIX ones before writing to the server.

Nicko